In December 2018, Millicom closed its acquisition of an 80% controlling interest in Cable Onda, Panama's largest cable and fixed telecommunications services provider. See Press Release.
In February 2019, Millicom announced the payment of US$1.65 billion to acquire leading mobile assets in Panama, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua.
Luxembourg, 20 February 2019: Millicom International Cellular S.A. (“Millicom” or “the Company”) announced today it has entered into agreements with Telefónica S.A. and certain of its affiliates (“Telefonica”), to acquire the entire share capital of Telefónica Móviles Panamá.
- #1 mobile operator in a four-player market
- The 4G network covers 74% of the population
- Revenue and Adjusted EBITDA CAGRs of approximately 4% and 7%, respectively, in 2015-2018, in US dollar terms
- 2018 revenue of $223 million and Adjusted EBITDA of $90 million, resulting in a margin near 41%
- Dollarized economy and investment-grade country increasing Millicom’s US dollar revenue sources