We are committed to help children safely explore, learn and grow through digital tools by educating them, their parents, teachers and caregivers on the risks and opportunities of digital technology.
What we are doing
- • We developed the Mobile Operator Child Rights Impact assessment (MOCRIA) tool in a joint effort with UNICEF which is used across the mobile operator community.
- • We integrated the promotion of parental controls and distribution of safe internet into mobile, fixed and cable TV customer processes in the markets where we operate in Latin America.
- • Since 2016 we have reached 360,100 children with COP training in the markets where we operate.
- • We continue to fight and prevent access to online Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) through our network by continiuously implementing blocking mechanisms, region-wide, and advancing industry initiatives.
Since 2016 we have reached 360,100 children with COP training in the markets where we operate.
What we want to do
- • By 2023, our goal is to reach through our COP programs: 70,000 teachers, 200,000 parents and caregivers, 700,000 children and adolescents.
- • We aspire to have all countries where we operate to complete research on the use of technology by children and adolescents by Q4 2020.
- • All operations implement Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) blocking mechanism by 2020.